Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Advice From The Dietitian

    Yesterday I had my first meeting with the dietitian.  Everything went well.  Although the hour long session wasn't interesting enough to justify writing a long post, I'll give you the short and sweet version.  I was told that my current eating habits suck. She offered me advice about better food choices, and gave me some reading material. The End.  Seriously though, she is a nice woman who helped me greatly. The best advice I received was to purchase a book called The Calorie King.  I took a quick look, and it seems like a helpful tool.  Here's the Amazon link if you wish to take a gander yourself:

The Calorie King

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book, but I've used the Calorie King website a ton to look up nutritional info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good! It seems even more helpful than the weight watchers books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best advice that I have ever received and then taken, as far as food goes, is that everything should be in moderation. I used to have a severely bad Mountain Dew habit. It was horrifying. I could drink in case in a couple of days. Eventually, I realized that I no longer even liked the taste. Once I realized that and reduced my intake, the few times that I would have it would be so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to drink about that much regular Pepsi. I lost 20 pounds switching to Diet. I'm gonna have to completely get rid of pop by surgery time though. ugh. That stuff is like crack to me. haha

    ReplyDelete